Tenant Selection Guidelines
Rob Copeland Property Management, LLC has established minimum guidelines for accepting rental applications. Each applicant must qualify on their own ability. Co-signers are allowed but only at the discretion of Rob Copeland Property Management, LLC. All co-signers must meet the same criteria as any applicant. Any adult that will occupy the premises must complete an application and be qualified.
All applications will be processed through a professional credit bureau. The application must be completed fully and could be denied if full information is not provided. Any false or omitted information will constitute grounds for rejection of the application. An application fee will be charged and must be submitted with the completed application.
Rob Copeland Property Management, LLC adheres to all Federal Fair Housing Laws (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 as amended by the Housing Community Development Act of 1988) and does not discriminate against any person in housing practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or familial status. Rob Copeland Property Management, LLC is an Equal Housing Opportunity agency.
1. An application must be completed for each adult over 18 years of age who will occupy the unit.
2. Reliable DOCUMENTATION and telephone numbers to verify all income and references,
If EMPLOYED, your most current pay stub.
If SELF-EMPLOYED, a copy of last year’s income tax returns (the first two pages, Form 1040).
3. A non refundable $50 application fee per person over 18 years of age is required at the time of application. Incomplete applications without the application fee will not be processed.
1. Monthly gross income must be equal to at least three (3) times the amount of your monthly rent. A recent bank statement verifying funds equivalent to twelve (12) months of rent may be accepted. Other forms guaranteeing income (student loans/grants, social security benefits, alimony, disability, etc.) will also be accepted.
2. Credit: Established good credit history as verified by credit report and references. Acceptance will be based upon overall credit worthiness and not on a credit score alone. Credit does not have to be perfect but should show responsible payment. Bankruptcies within the last 2 years must be discharged and all accounts satisfied.
3. Good landlord references. Current and previous landlords will be contacted to verify rent payment history and tenancy history. Previous evictions automatically disqualify applicants and/or co-signers. Contact information for previous landlords must be included in the application.
4. Occupancy guidelines: Two persons per bedroom, plus one person (HUD occupancy standards).
5. No registered sex offenders or convicted felons will be permitted to lease a property or inhabit a leased property.
PROCESSING and SCREENING:
1. Processing time is approximately two business days. (Subject to Rob Copeland Property Management, LLC receiving landlord verifications) An incomplete application will delay or prevent processing.
2. Once an application has been accepted, payment (first month’s rent, security deposit and pet fees) and an executed residential lease agreement must be received within three days of acceptance.
4. Initial payment of rent, security deposit, and pet fees must be in the form of a CASHIER’S CHECK, MONEY ORDER, OR OTHER CERTIFIED FUNDS unless otherwise agreed by Rob Copeland Property Management.
5. A property is considered rented only when all required deposits and fees have been paid and a residential lease agreement has been executed by all residents and the property owner or owner’s agent.
Please contact Rob Copeland Property Management at 251-928-4224 if you need additional guidance.